Top 10 Reasons to Become a Member of our Online Community
Connecting to the UTMB Alumni Relations website is simple and easy. Click here now to register and get connected!
As an alumnus of the University of Texas Medical Branch, you are part of a growing community of more than 30,000 healthcare professionals that touch the lives of people in all corners of the world.
As a member of the UTMB Alumni Relations online community you will be able to:
1. Access the online directory to find former classmates and friends.
2. Find out about upcoming UTMB events on campus or near you.
3. List your accomplishments and professional news in class notes.
4. Keep your contact information current so others can locate you.
5. Take advantage of program discounts (Discount with ID).
6. View photos from various alumni-related events.
7. Pay your alumni association membership dues online.
8. Contribute to your school's greatest needs fund.
9. Follow UTMB on FaceBook and Twitter to get the latest and greatest news.
10. Learn about Working Wonders, the campaign for UTMB Health.
SHP Celebrates Largest Graduating Class
Approximately 315 students graduated from the UTMB School of Health Professions on August 15. This was the largest graduating SHP class to date.
Dr. Elizabeth Protas, vice president and dean, officiated the event and Dr. Danny Jacobs, executive vice president, provost and dean of the School of Medicine conferred degrees in clinical laboratory sciences, respiratory care, occupational therapy, physical therapy, health professions and physician assistant studies.
To cap off the historic event, Gilda Womack, president of the SHP Alumni Association, asked the new graduates, staff and audience members to do the wave in honor of the class of 2014. Check out the "wave" video above.
Video courtesy of Gilda Womack.